Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Isn't this pretty?















Isn't it lovely? I generally try not to pat myself on the back (I generally think that humility is among the most important qualities one can strive to possess) but I just think it's beautiful and feel the need to share. This was Jim's 40th birthday cake (for the public party). It's a chocolate cake (our usual low-fat formula), with Maple Buttercream Frosting (per his request).
I am in the process of writing a more detailed entry on the preparation of the cake, but I had to put a "teaser" up in advance. Jim took a great bunch of pictures of the process, and I’m hoping it will be a fun and informative entry—once I manage to find the time to type it out.

It's amazing how little personal fulfillment I get in my job, where I spend most of my time, but looking at this cake fills me with a feeling of such accomplishment. Oh well, that's what spare time is for...more on the full process involved in the preparation of this cake to come shortly…

No comments: